ACTIVE TOPICS SEARCH FAQ & RULES
 All Forums
 Shows T
 The Dukes of Hazzard
 How many cars a day did they wreck on the show?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Airwolf754 Offline

United States
122 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  21:55:24  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im just wondering how many cars they a day they wrecked filming the show.

Marius Offline
Webmaster
tv-series.com

tv-series.com

Administrator
tv-series.com

Norway
1343 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2005 :  23:33:15  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know how many a day, but I saw a TV show about a guy who had a modern replica of the car created, and I think they mentioned something like 250 cars used during the entire show..!

Marius Christiansen
Owner, tv-series.com
Go to Top of Page

djnick2000 Offline

United States
224 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  03:55:50  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read once that they actually wrecked over 300. I also heard them say they wrecked twice as many cop cars!

Yeeee Hawwww
Go to Top of Page

Airwolf754 Offline

United States
122 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  23:01:36  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always thought that it was funny how the cop cars were always totaled but the cops were fine. In fact, I just beat the new Dukes of Hazzard: Return of the General Lee today.

Gabrielle: "[filtered out] You"

Stringfellow Hawke:" God already has"
Go to Top of Page

C00nhunterJoe Offline
Webmaster
Airwolf

Airwolf

United States
3506 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  06:03:33  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
it was 3 cars per episode on average

to contact me or report a problem, please PM me
Go to Top of Page

lifelinepaul Offline

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2008 :  14:00:27  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
They had wrecked over three hundred cars during the filming of the show
Go to Top of Page

Engine95 Offline

United States
894 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  04:29:08  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
For Cost purposes, you would think they would recycle the cars to oblivion then take parts off one to add to another. But wow 300 cars.

Go to Top of Page

djnick2000 Offline

United States
224 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  15:55:48  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
They actually did that Engine. Very often, doors, fenders or other pieces from other cars were put togeter to make one screen worthy car again. There are many different versions of how many cars were actually wrecked. some cast members suggest around 250. Stunt men say over 300. Either way, it's a lot of cars.

Yeeee Hawwww
Go to Top of Page

azairwolffan Offline

United States
276 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2009 :  00:23:24  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
The most recent stat I saw was a little over 200. The last season there were only a half dozen General Lees left on the set due to anything more dangerous than having the Dukes climb in and out of it being done by 1/8th scale models of the GL. Not a real car. The 5th season was supposed to be one of the more brutal season since they were killing chargers in wholesale fashion trying to make up for "Bo & Luke" being on strike. So they killed a lot of cars to ratings up in their absence.
Go to Top of Page

careygold Offline

United States
132 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2011 :  10:36:11  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes you are and i am totally agree with you..!!! This show is awesome and loved by all the viewers. My friends also love to watch this show.

Watch 90210 online
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
= Offline, = Away, = Online
tv-series.com © 1994-2010 tv-series.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000